Monday, November 3, 2014

Make-up Monday: L'Oreal Paris CC Cream

The CC Cream or Colour Correcting Cream is goes one step further from the ubiquitous BB cream by correcting uneven skin tone, redness, and dullness. It also provides some sun protection from SPF 15 to SPF 30, depending on the brand. Just beware, higher SPF creams provide more protection but you will find that they also have a shiny finish to your skin. So it's a trade-off between skin protection or oily skin.

As I approached my 30th year, I noticed that my skin is not as supple and unblemished as it used to be when I was in my early to mid-twenties. I have uneven skin tone and a sun spot. My use of eyeglasses also contributed to more breakouts on the temporal area. Something ought to be done about it.

I decided to go for L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream  as my first CC cream. I ordered it off of Priceline for AUD $26.95. There are 3 variations of the CC cream: Anti-Redness, Anti-Dullness, and Anti-Fatigue. I will be reviewing the Anti-Redness one because I have uneven skin tone and reddish areas on my face.

 It has an SPF of 20 and comes in a 30 mL tube.


Color: The L'Oreal Nude Magic Anti-Redness CC Cream comes out as a green, runny liquid. It eventually blends to your natural skin tone as you massage it onto your skin. The green color is for Anti-Redness, while the Anti-Fatigue comes in a cream colour while the Anti-Dullness is a violet liquid. All these eventually blend into the user's skin tone.b With this cream, I have no problem finding the right number or shade for my skin as compared to the usual foundation or concealer.

Consistency: Loose and runny. Blends easily onto skin.


Coverage: Light but you can build to medium coverage by adding more layers. Just don't overdo it.



                               Before                                                                After



Step-by-step Guide:

1. Pat on particular areas that need to be evened out.  For me, those areas are around my nose, lips, cheeks, temple, forehead, and under the eyes. Everywhere!



 2. Blend by massaging it onto your face with your fingers. Notice how the color of the cream on my nose started to blend with my skin.



3.  Viola! Flawless skin! Then, draw in your eyebrows. or mine need it anyway. Curl lashes and apply mascara. 



4. Apply lipstick. I like a bold red.



5. Smile! and say "I am beautiful!"



After 6-8 hours (without re-touching):


My face felt oily, like more than twice the usual. I think it is because of the sunscreen. Coverage is still alright. I think to avoid the face shine, you need to top it off with a layer of powder to set it. I don't like to do that last step though. I like the dewy look but if you would rather stay on the matte side, go ahead and set with powder.

Verdict: I like the coverage it gives. It looks like I don't have makeup on yet my skin looks even. The CC cream is not at all heavy and I feel like I'm not using anything on my face, unlike when I wear a foundation. It does not clog my pores and I have noticed less breakouts. Price-wise, I think that $27 is reasonable compared to buying foundation, concealer, moisturiser, and sunscreen in the hope to achieve the same effect. Will buy again.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried CC Cream yet. This looks good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Try the Asian brands because they provide better coverage.

    ReplyDelete