Monday, September 2, 2013

Cheap Thrill: SanSan Nail Polishes

Brand: San San Nail Polish



from left: Sea Green, Warm Blue, Cloudy Gray, Red Gleam

I purchased these nail polishes a week ago as I was window-shopping with a friend. I was overjoyed to find just the right colors I wanted: mint green, pale blue, pewter grey, and vivid crimson. I was initially attracted to the mint green but seeing the other colors, I couldn't stop myself from buying the rest (I rarely get to go window-shopping).

I found these on an hbc branch as we were passing by the public market (of all places!). It was a small store, obscured by other stores and public utility vehicles. But boy were we in for a surprise! It was a kikay girl's dream: rows of nail polishes, makeup, mascara, lotions, and the like. I am now an hbc fan.

But I digress. Now, on to the review.
  • Smell- It was really strong. I don't care much for it, but I'm sure you can't avoid that with nail polishes.
  • Color- The nail polish stays true to the color on the bottle. With San San, what you see is what you get. Even when I applied only one coat, the color quality is good. With some nail polish brands I tried in the past, I had to put on around 3 layers to get the desired color. 

  • Brush- The brush captures a good amount of nail polish and distributes it evenly on the nail. 
  • Drying time- It dries pretty quick. Not totally dry dry, but after a minute or two, if you want to apply a second coat, the first layer becomes quite tacky and the next layer adheres better so that the finish looks glossy and awesome. 
  • Duration - Lasts a day then chips. To be fair, I did not apply base and top coats. Also, the chipping was on my left index finger, which usually gets the better share of work and washes. Manicures typically last one week, and I'm positive that San San nail polishes can extend yours to more than that. I'm sure that with the base and top coats applied, your manicure will be worth it.

  • Price- Affordable. At P37, the San San Nail Polish range is in the lower end of the price spectrum. If you, like me, have a tendency to collect (read: hoard) nail polishes, then San San is a brand that you must add to your collection. 

Verdict: If you want fun, eclectic colors, San San has a whole range of nail polishes for you. They are pretty good and can last quite a while. I am just put off by the odor, but aside from that, San San offers a great deal.


San San has a nice glossy finish









No comments:

Post a Comment