Monday, September 9, 2013

Overnight Hair Mask with Oil of Argan

Most of you probably don't know this, but I've quit using shampoo two months ago. I figured that with less chemical build-up in my hair, I'll have healthier and hopefully, thicker hair. In lieu of shampoo, I've been using this baking soda and water mixture to wash my hair. I will discuss my experience with 'No Shampoo' in a separate post. Anyway, for today, I'll tell you all about my experience with Argan oil as an effective hair conditioner and treatment.

See, when my  hair adjusted to my 'no shampoo' routine and went past the oily phase, I saw how healthy it became. I'd go 2-3 days without washing my hair. I know. I can hear y'all say "Ewwww!!". But really, daily washing strips the hair of its natural oils. The myth of daily washing is just being perpetuated by shampoo companies for obvious reasons. And it has worked! But on to my narrative.... After 5 days of not washing my hair, it became heavy with oily build-up. I decided to try out Argan oil as an overnight treatment. So, this was how my hair looked like:




Just to clarify, Argan Oil is not a hair straightener. My hair is naturally straight. Aside from the hair cellophane and coloring treatment that I had done more than a month ago, I do not do anything to it. It is therefore perfect for an experiment with Argan oil.

Argan Oil is a natural and organic skin, hair, and nail nourishing agent. It is astoundingly rich in Vitamin E and has revitalizing, sun-protecting, hydrating, age-defying, and moisturizing properties. The brand I used is Oil of Argan, a Philippine brand (learn more here). It is 100% pure Moroccan Argan oil, unadulterated with other oils and perfumes. In my previous use of this oil on my face, I haven't had any allergic nor adverse reactions to it. Therefore, I had no qualms on trying it out on my hair.

What I did was that I applied a good amount of Argan from the roots to the tips of my hair. This was on Sunday night. I did not bother to wrap it or cover it. Come Monday morning, I rinsed my hair with commercial shampoo. I let it air dry and viola! Smooth and tangle-free hair! Almost like a salon blowdry.
Here are some photos:






Argan oil is extremely effective for re-hydrating dry hair, split ends, and treated hair. Although I had neither dry hair nor split ends, I want to get rid of the build-up of oil on my hair. There are just two steps to this process:

1. Apply Argan oil to hair and allow it to be absorbed overnight.
2. Rinse with tap water. Or if you prefer, rinse it with warm then cold water. You may choose to rinse out your hair with shampoo to remove excess oil. Any shampoo you prefer will do.

Argan oil is a cheap and all-natural solution for your hair health needs. Oil of Argan (the brand) may not come cheap at P600 per bottle, but think about the hot oil treatment sessions, cellophane, and other similar treatments you can skip. You can do it on your own and it's easy-peasy!

For orders, just text 09062066904 or Like this Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OilOfArganZC.



No comments:

Post a Comment