Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Make-up review: Essence Eyebrow Powder


I ordered some make up items off of Priceline last week and I picked the package up this morning. Since my eyebrow pencil was on its last leg, I decided to try an eyebrow powder. As opposed to a harsh and drawn-on look that pencils usually provide, powders give a softer, more natural look. 

I chose Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set which, at AU $4.50, is one of the cheaper ones. According to one customer review, the powder is heavily pigmented. That was one of the selling points for me because who wants to buy a light eyebrow powder? 

Here is a picture of the actual product: 





It comes in two colors: a dark chocolate shade and a lighter, camel color. I think the lighter one is for blondes, or you can apply it just beneath the eyebrow as a highlighter. The dark shade is densely pigmented and I am very pleased that it looks very natural. It comes with a tiny brush, which although is compact, but does not make for good application. I think a longer and stiffer eyebrow brush will make application easier.



Before: sparse eyebrows


 After: Darker and seemingly thicker eyebrows

A side by side comparison: Left has  eyebrow powder, right does not

Verdict: Since this is my first time to try eyebrow powder, I must say that I am pleased. I do not have a very steady hand for eyebrow pens and pencils, which I am afraid will look obviously draw-on and will make me look older. The powder gives me an all-natural fuller brow. I am very pleased with how densely pigmented the powder is, which means that a little goes a long way. For someone on a shoe string budget, it means that I can wear it for a long time. :)

Next week, watch out for my review on L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream.

Cheers!












No comments:

Post a Comment