Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Thrifting Finds

As someone who is unemployed and on a tight budget, I have to find sustainable ways to live. One of these are thru thrifting. Here in Australia though, thrifted things are relatively new and some are even unused (they have a crazy consumer culture!). I even find really beautiful and unique stuff, like vintage home accessories, jewelries, and shoes. Clothes even. I have discovered two really great thrifting shops: Vinnie's and Smith Family. They are both charity shops (see here and here), so I feel that the money I spent goes to good causes.

When I came to Australia, I decided to spend on a need-only basis (as in for fares and food when I'm really, really, really hungry and I don't have any on hand). However, as Spring came and the temperature began rising, I found that the sweaters and pants I brought were too warm. I decided it's time to shop for some summer clothes. And where else would I go but to my staple charity shops?

Here are the stuff I scored at Vinnie's:

 Boho sandals ($3)

 Nautical platform peep-toes ($6)

 Sheer yellow tee ($3)

 V-neck navy tee ($6)

 Tie-dyed and distressed denim cut-offs ($4)

 Denim shorts ($5)

 Black & white tunic ($8)

 Floral stretch summer dress ($6)

Bohemian summer frock ($8)

And they gave me a faux lei for free! I later found out that Australian ladies wear faux leis when they go to the beach, so the freebie will have it's day in the sun. 

Here are my acquisitions at Smith Family's: 

 Studded ombre cut-offs ($6)

 Striped nautical shorts ($7)

 Non-underwire bra ($2)--- comfiest bra ever!

 Pink tee with side-pocket ($4)

 Tank top ($8)

 faux turquoise ring ($1)
Lacy bra ($5.50)

All in all, I was thoroughly satisfied with my shopping. I may have spent a little more than $100 but I got a lot of stuff. I don't think I'll go shopping for clothes again for the summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Ehem ehem that ring! Thumbs up on the ombre shorts, brown jewelled tank top and the bohemian sandals. They are all steals I tell ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love them!!! There are a lot of home accessories at these thrift shops that are so charming! Yung mga vintage talaga. When I get my own place, I know where to shop na. :)

    ReplyDelete